Nomination Form and Criteria (pdf)
Nomination Form and Criteria (docx)
- Persons or horses to be formally and publicly recognized in the Saskatchewan Horse Federation Hall of Fame must have, in the course of their residence in Saskatchewan, promoted growth and awareness of the role of the horse in our culture, agricultural history, industry, equestrian sport.
- Candidates are NOT required to be or have been members of the Saskatchewan Horse Federation.
- Candidates for induction may be an individual, a couple, a family, or a horse and have made a unique contribution beyond the local level. The acts for which they are recognized must have benefited the industry and sport on a Provincial level at least. National or International contributions enhance eligibility.
- This form must be used for nominations and may have a maximum of three one-page support letters attached. Please provide a list of possible sponsors to cover the cost of the $250.00 Induction Fee. (Do not remit the $250.00 nomination fee with the application. You will be contacted by the SHF Hall of Fame Committee). The fee covers the cost of induction respecting such things as framing, printing, preparation of the citation plaque, two complimentary Inductee’s tickets to the induction ceremony, program brochures and correspondence regarding the induction ceremony. Please do not advise the nominee of your application to avoid disappointment if not approved.
- Nominations for individuals, couples or families will be considered for induction using the same criteria. The case must be made however that couples or members of the family have contributed equally to the accomplishments.
- Nominations close at midnight October 31.
- Nominations will be kept on file and reconsidered for up to two additional years. The nominator may submit additional information prior to the October 31 deadline in each of the subsequent two years. After being considered for three years, a new application will be required.
Download the Nomination Form (PDF Format)
Download the Nomination Form (DocX Format)